Goals and functions of the Customs
1. The customs authorities shall ensure the following main tasks in the customs territory of the customs union:
1) promotion of the implementation of the common trade policy of the customs union;
2) enforcement of the customs legislation of the customs union and other legislation of the Member States of the customs union, control over the implementation of which is assigned to the customs authorities;
3) the performance of customs operations and the conduct of customs control, including in the framework of mutual administrative assistance;
4) collection of customs payments, as well as special, anti-dumping and countervailing duties, control of the correctness of their calculation and timely payment, taking measures to enforce them within its competence;
5) ensuring, within its competence, the observance of measures of customs and tariff regulation and prohibitions and restrictions in respect of goods transported across the customs border;
6) ensuring, within its competence, the observance of the rights and legitimate interests of individuals in the field of customs regulation and the creation of conditions for accelerating the turnover of goods across the customs border;
7) ensuring within its competence measures to protect the national security of the Member States of the customs union, human life and health, flora and fauna, the environment, and in accordance with the international agreement of the Member States of the customs union - measures to counteract legalization (laundering ) Of proceeds from crime and the financing of terrorism in the course of control over the movement across the customs border of the currencies of the Member States of the customs union, securities and (or) currency Values, traveler's checks;
8) identification, prevention and suppression of administrative offenses and crimes in accordance with the laws of the Member States of the customs union;
9) ensuring the protection of intellectual property rights in the customs territory of the customs union within its competence;
10) conducting customs statistics.
Legislation of the Member States of the customs union may establish other tasks to be resolved by the customs authorities.
2. The system of customs authorities, their rights, duties and responsibilities, as well as the conditions for the passage of service in customs authorities are determined by the legislation of the Member States of the customs union.
The main functions of the customs authorities of the Republic of Belarus (Article 12 of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of 10.01.2014 No. 129-Z “On customs regulation in the Republic of Belarus”)
1. The customs authorities perform the following main functions:
1.1. Organize cooperation and coordinate the activities of state authorities and other organizations in the field of implementation of the state customs policy;
1.2. Ensure within their competence economic security of the Republic of Belarus, protection of its economic interests;
1.3. Carry out customs operations and conduct customs control, make expert examinations, create conditions that facilitate the acceleration of goods turnover when importing goods into the Republic of Belarus and exporting goods from the Republic of Belarus through the customs border of the Customs Union;
1.4. Collect customs payments, other payments, which are to be collected by customs authorities, control the accuracy of the calculation and timeliness of paying of the mentioned payments, take measures to exact them;
1.5. Ensure the procedure of the movement of goods across the customs border of the Customs Union in the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
1.6. Exercise control over compliance with prohibitions and restrictions established in accordance with international treaties of the member states of the Customs Union and the legislation of the Republic of Belarus in respect of goods imported to the Republic of Belarus and exported from the Republic of Belarus;
1.7. Ensure within their competence the protection of rights to intellectual property;
1.8. Conduct the fight against smuggling and other crimes, the conduct of cases on which is attributed to the competence of customs authorities, administrative violations, the conduct of administrative proceedings for which is attributed to the competence of customs authorities, suppress illegal traffic of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, their precursors and analogues, weapons, cultural values, radioactive substances, animals and plants related to species that are covered by international treaties of the Republic of Belarus and / or included in the Red Book of the Republic of Belarus, their parts and derivatives, other goods across the customs border of the Customs Union and (or) the State border of the Republic of Belarus, counter illegal traffic of intellectual property, and assist in combating international terrorism and suppressing illegal interference in the activities of the international civil aviation in airports Of the Republic of Belarus;
1.9. Carry out measures of general and individual prevention of offenses covered by legislative acts of the Republic of Belarus;
1.10. Carry out tax, currency, export, radiation, automobile, sanitary-quarantine, veterinary, phytosanitary and other types of control within their competence, the right to implement or to participate in the implementation of which has been granted to customs authorities in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Belarus;
1.11. Maintain the customs statistics of foreign trade of the Republic of Belarus and the statistics of mutual trade of the Republic of Belarus with the member states of the Customs Union, as well as special customs statistics;
1.12. Ensure the implementation of international obligations of the Republic of Belarus related to the customs affairs, cooperate with customs and other competent authorities of foreign countries, international organizations dealing with customs affairs;
1.13. Provide information and advice on issues related to the customs legislation of the Customs Union, the legislation of the Republic of Belarus on customs regulation, and other issues within the competence of customs authorities, provide in accordance with established procedure state authorities, other organizations and citizens with information on customs regulation;
1.14. Ensure within their competence the formation, optimization and development of the customs infrastructure;
1.15. Implement the state policy in the customs authorities, including training, retraining and advanced training of customs officials, organize ideological and educational work;
1.16. Carry out training, retraining and advanced training of specialists in customs declaration;
1.17. Carry out research in the field of customs.
2. Acts of the President of the Republic of Belarus, laws of the Republic of Belarus, resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Belarus adopted within its competence may assign other functions to the customs authorities.